New Landscape Installation Immediate Care Guidelines:
- Water new material daily, first 7-10 days
- Water every other day, the next 10 days
- Water as needed in the third week. Check soil moisture content before watering. Excessive watering may lead to root rot. Test the soil moisture by checking with your fingers 2-3" deep around the base of the plantings. Allow the soil to dry in between watering events.
- Hand watering recommended at the base of the plant near the roots for approx. 60 seconds for trees, 30 seconds for shrubs and grasses, and 15 seconds for perennials.
- It is recommended that sprinklers (if you have them) be operated in the evening for watering your plant material. Daylight operation may lead to leaf scorch in summer.
- Water frequently during drought periods, when the temperatures are high, and on windy days.
- Requires approximately a 1" of water daily for the first ten days while keeping sod damp during this time.
- Be careful to avoid stepping on new sod when wet in order to keep the grade smooth and avoid creating divots.
- During the second week watering is required every other day with approximately 1" of water each time.
- After two weeks, water as needed while mowing weekly to promote rapid root growth.
- Keep soil moist, approximately 3" deep for the duration of one month.
- Utilize a fine mist spray to avoid soil erosion.
New Annuals Installation Immediate Care Guidelines:
- Water every other day unless the plants begin to droop in which case they may require more watering, daily.
- Water in the evening or at night to avoid leaf scorch.
- Must establish a schedule in order to allow plants to establish themselves which may take 3-4 weeks time.
- Fertilizing is recommended one a month to encourage new growth and flowers.